A cookie is a small text file that is stored in a browser by a website or ad server which allows the website or ad server to recognise and remember the browser, user preferences and other information. Cookies do not harm your computer or any files on your computer. For a more detailed and technical overview of the cookies you may come across on our website, please click here
The cookies used on the Bannerconnect Website fall into one or more of the categories set out below:
1. Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to allow you to navigate the website and use its features, such as access to secure areas of the website. The website would not be functional without these cookies.
2. Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use the Bannerconnect website (for example, which pages you visit most often, and if you get an error message from any of our web pages). This helps us maintain and improve the Bannerconnect website by indicating to us know what’s popular and what isn’t, and if a feature or page isn’t working as intended.
3. Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the Bannerconnect website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more customised features.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies keep track of which advertisements you see from Bannerconnect and are used to control how often you’re exposed to our advertisements.
- Social media cookies: These cookies are used to enable social buttons on our pages and allow you to share content from our website directly to your social media profile.
Example of (personal) data to be collected/processed:
- Identifiers from user hardware (such as the IP address, cookie ID/device ID).
- Information about your browser (such as the type of browser and language) and/or information about the operating system.
- Information about the mobile or hardware (e.g. location, while specifically for mobile, the longitude, latitude, model and carrier).
- Information about the use/interaction with websites, web pages and ad servers(such as your interests, time and date of connection and type of connection).
- Information about advertisements that have been displayed to you.
Purposes for which data is processed:
- Collecting and (statistically) analysing the data to build individual (online) profiles to predict (or better predict) your future interests to provide targeted (online) advertisements.
- Calculating and keeping track of income.
- Optimising (objective-driven) campaigns (such as the purchase of a product, subscription to newsletters, etc.).
- Analysing internet domains you’ve visited to enable categorisation.
- Identifying the ‘Customer Journey’.
Managing Cookies and Data Collection
To manage cookies, you can go into your browser’s privacy settings and select whether to accept all cookies or no cookies, or to save cookies only from sites you know and trust. Keep in mind that if you delete or opt-out of cookies, your online experience may be less user-friendly, as you may not be able to access certain areas or features of the website will not be as customised to your specific interests, and you may not be able to access certain areas or features of the Bannerconnect website.
Because of the way the internet works, there’s a possibility that we may not always be aware of cookies placed by third parties via our website. This could happen on pages that contain embedded elements. These are texts, documents, pictures or movies that are hosted on other websites or servers that we’ve included or have displayed on our website. If you encounter cookies on our website that fall into this category that have not been mentioned in our statement, please let us know. If you’re worried about your privacy, you can also get in touch with the owners of these third party cookies to find out more about how they have ensured your privacy.
To learn more about cookies, or to opt-out of cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu