Who is Bannerconnect?
Bannerconnect is a digital media specialist, specialized in making advertising more relevant, informative and useful by getting digital advertisement seen by the right person in the right time and place. The Services offered by Bannerconnect in this regard include: media planning, buying and selling; marketing communications planning; campaign analytics and research; advertisement serving; and data management. Our clients use our Services in order to show you the most useful and relevant advertisement. We believe that such advertising is a crucial element of the Internet ecosystem, providing information to users and helping to subsidize online content and services.
You can find Bannerconnect at:
6135 KB, Sittard
+31 (0)46 707 4992
Which information is collected/received by Bannerconnect?
Bannerconnect may collect and/or receive information about you when you visit our Website, or websites of third parties using our Services. Which information is collected about you may vary in these two instances. In this paragraph we enumerate this information.
The Website: when you visit our Website, we collect information about your visit. This information consists of the following data:
- Your browsing, web usage and interactions on that website;
- Your Internet browser;
- Your computer operating system;
- Your computer’s Internet protocol address (IP-address);
- The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the websites you have visited before and after viewing an advertisement;
- The websites and webpages you are viewing when an advertisement is shown.
If you wish to apply for a job offer, posted on our Website, you may do so electronically using the application form provided on our Website. To complete the form, we ask you to provide the following information:
- First and last name;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Cover Letter (optional);
- Date Available (optional);
- Desired Pay;
- Website, Blog or Portfolio (optional);
- LinkedIn Profile URL (optional);
- Highest Education Obtained, including College / University (optional);
- How you found the vacancy.
If you wish to contact us, you may do so inter alia by using the contact form provided on our Website. To send in the form, we ask you to complete the following information:
- Job title (optional);
- Message (optional);
The Services: the Services provided by Bannerconnect may include that advertisement is shown on websites of third parties. If you visit such a website operated by a third party and possibly interact with the advertisement, information about your visit and use of the website and/or advertisement will be collected by Bannerconnect, or passed to Bannerconnect by that third party. This information includes the following data:
- Identifiers, including IP-address, cookie-id or device-id;
- Information about your connection to the website, webpages and/or the ad server, including the date, time and type of the connection;
- Internet browser details, including browser type and language settings;
- Operating system details, including OS type and language settings;
- Device details, including location and (in case of mobile device) longitude, latitude, model and carrier;
- Use of and interaction with the website, webpage or advertisement, including your interests;
- Information on the advertisements presented to you;
- Details of panel members of market(ing)- research companies, including panel member number, gender and age.
It is possible that a client of Bannerconnect wishes Bannerconnect to process additional information in the course of the Services. Please consult the privacy statements of the websites you visit to obtain more information on any (additional) information that is collected.
What are cookies and are they used by Bannerconnect?
For which purposes and on which grounds will the information be processed?
The information we collect and receive will be used for the following purposes:
- To perform our Services to our clients, which includes collection and (statistical) analyzing of information for individual profiling;
- To monitor and calculate the revenue generated with a Service;
- To optimize and (statistically) analyze the Services and the Website;
- To analyze and categorize (Internet) domains visited;
- To identify the “Customer Journey”, the trajectory of the customer form the moment of first contact to the sale/use and possible repeated sale/use;
- To perform optimization in respect to a campaign or Service, including to measure the amount of contact moments (e.g. frequency cap);
- To secure, amend and improve our Services and Website;
- To process your application for a job offer you have submitted through the Website;
- To contact you regarding your application for a job offer, or following a contact form you have submitted through the Website;
In the course of our Services, we will analyze your information to build individual profiles. These profiles will be used to predict future interests and display targeted (online) advertisement. The aim is to provide you with offers that are relevant and interesting for you. The profiling is based on your (surfing)behaviour on the internet. This includes the viewing of advertisements, any interaction with it and the overlap between desktop and mobile usage. As your name is not collected in the course of our Services, we expect that our Services will have no further impact, other than providing you with a more pleasant user experience when surfing the Internet.
Bannerconnect will obtain your prior consent before processing your information for its own purposes, unless Bannerconnect has a legitimate interest to process your information. If you have given your consent to the processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, by sending an email to that extent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Bannerconnect will discontinue the processing of your information upon receipt of your withdrawal. However, any processing performed prior to your withdrawal remains a legitimate processing based on a valid consent at the time. Bannerconnect will not be under the obligation to reverse the processing.
Will the information be shared with third parties?
Bannerconnect will only share your information, or information derived therefrom, with third parties in one of the following events:
- Disclose your information to our client in the course of providing our Services;
- Disclose your information to our service providers, which process the information on our behalf, in the course of our Services and/or the Website;
- Disclose your information if we are required to do so on account of national or international law or legislation and/or to comply with an authorized request or demand, or if necessary in order to defend Bannerconnect’s own rights or interests.
If Bannerconnect wishes to share your information with any other third party and/or for any other purpose, we will first obtain your explicit consent.
Third party websites
The Website may contain links that lead you from our Website to another website. Such a link does not imply our endorsement of that website. We do not control the websites to which we link and assume no responsibility for their content or privacy policies. Therefore, you should carefully review the privacy policies that apply to any websites you access from our Website.
Who is responsible for the processing of your information?
The Services of Bannerconnect include various different types of services. Furthermore, in the course of providing it’s Services, Bannerconnect may cooperate with different parties. In this regard, Bannerconnect may be acting as a controller, the party who determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data and is therefore responsible for the processing, or as a processor, the party acting on behalf of the controller. The following distinction may be made between the various Services, in which Bannerconnect has in general the following role: